This is the privacy and cookies policy (the "Policy") for the website www.chalo.com ("Site") and the Chalo android application ("Chalo"), both operated by Zophop Technologies Pvt. Ltd. ("Zophop", "we", "us", "our"), a company registered in Navi Mumbai, India. For purposes of this Policy, both the Site and Chalo shall be referred to as the "App".
By using the App, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information in accordance with this Policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time by changing it on the App. By using the App, you agree to be bound by the version of the Policy displayed on the date upon which you use the App.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- The App is a personalised transport assistant and for it to operate effectively it needs to track your location
- Your preferences (such as Saved Places, Favourite Stations and Stops and other travel preferences, but only when you choose to provide us with these) which helps us provide you with tailored services
- Personal information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide in the App while registering as a user of the App or subscribing to any service
- We may also process information from communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the App or its content
- Information can also be gathered from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the App for research or other purposes, if you choose to respond to them
- Details of your visits to the App, the searches you make, the resources you access and any data you download; this may also be tracked which help us understand how users use the App so we can improve it
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We do not sell or rent personal information to any third parties. We may share your personal information with our affiliates or service partners for fulfilment of your requested service.
The App may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We may send you information we think you may find useful (e.g. rail line disruptions) or which you have requested from us by push notification and / or by email (if provided), and we or the operating system will always give you the option to opt-out of receiving further notifications or emails.
When you interact with the App, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our App our server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (depending on how you access the App). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the App. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close the App. These are known as 'session cookies'. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the App and will last for longer. These are known as 'persistent cookies'.
- Remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get; customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site; and
- Collect statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts of the website are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by our App are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. For example, we may use Google Analytics to track what users do on the App so we can improve the design and functionality. Most browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the site you may not be able to take full advantage of the App.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. While we use all reasonable efforts, technology as well as policy guidelines to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of information, we cannot absolutely ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet and mobile networks is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the App whilst it is in transit over the internet or mobile networks and any such submission is at your own risk.
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments about this Policy or any requests concerning your personal data, please contact us and we will attend to it at the earliest.